HOME STAGING: The perfect way to sell your house
The real estate market is getting stronger than ever. Homes are continuing to sell quickly and buyer demand continues to grow.
The real estate market is stronger than ever. Homes are continuing to sell quickly and buyer demand continues to grow steadily. Consequently, the value of your home is increasing, and now is a particularly good time to sell.
Home Staging is a relatively recent concept in the Spanish real estate sector. It is a marketing tool to enhance the presentation of a property, making it easier to sell or rent it. The concept is exactly how it sounds! Preparing a property for marketing in the real estate market, either for renting or buying and selling, in order to make it more attractive to potential buyers and thus make it easier to sell or rent in the shortest possible time and with the greatest possible benefit for the owner.
The initial 90 seconds of a visit are crucial in the buying and selling process.
10 reasons to include home staging in your sales campaign:
- Your home stands out from others on the market
- You spend 73% less time selling your home
- Typically makes more financial profit
- Looks more visually appealing in online and offline promotional material
- Images in the office window attract the attention of more customers
- It is more likely to be a must-see on the buyer's wish list.
- The buyer's perception of the property improves
- Being "ready to move in" is a key factor for many buyers.
Is home staging efficient and cost-effective?
According to data from the Association of Home Staging Spain (ASHE), working with a professional home stager will make a property sell up to eight times faster than in a conventional sale and purchase process. Furthermore, in 37% of cases, the sale price rises by up to 25% as a result of these techniques.
Reducing the period of the buying and selling process means having to bear the costs of the property for a shorter period of time.
What does a home stager do?
- Depersonalise: Remove the personal objectives of the owners to enable visitors to imagine themselves living there.
- Tidy up: De-clutter the house to make a good impression. 70% of buying is instinctual Even when the price difference is higher, an interested party will always go with the first impression of the property.
- Clearing: It is a very common mistake not to respect the right proportions between space and furniture. You will certainly have seen tiny flats with huge bookcases that detract from the space and overwhelm the atmosphere.
- Clean: The vast majority of people do not buy houses to renovate, but to live in them. Offering a ready-to-move-in home from the outset is the key factor in this strategy.
- Organise the space and decorate: Many people think that hiring the services of a home staging professional is the same as hiring a decorator. However, nothing could be further from the truth. It is a necessary investment to shorten the time to market.
Mar Pérez |
If you are passionate about rustic design, we recommend you keep reading as you will surely find the house of...
Discover this year's household trends and upgrade your home to reach it's true potential. We are a few weeks into...
During the current global pandemic, now could be the perfect time to embark on a DIY home makeover. Below, we...
More than 30,000 individuals and professionals receive the latest listings and market reports from Coldwell Banker España as a priority.