Social Media becomes the No. 1 marketing medium for real estate advisors
According to a study conducted by THE CLOSE portal, social media is the number 1 medium that advisors are likely to use.
According to a study conducted by THE CLOSE portal, social media is the number one medium advisors say that they plan to use to grow their business this year;
In terms of which social networks are important for advisor marketing, Facebook is at the top of the list. Yes, there have been many sentiments that sound like "Facebook is dead!". However, Hootsuite recently released The Global State of Digital 2022 report, and they also found that "Facebook is still the most popular social network, by far".
Hootsuite also reported that 2910 million people worldwide are on Facebook. With 4660 million people having access to the internet, more than 60% of internet users worldwide are on Facebook. So, yes, Facebook is certainly not dead. Instagram, now owned by Facebook, is the second most popular social network for advisors.
Suffice to say, advisors seem pretty convinced that they need social media marketing to grow their businesses. Two-thirds of advisors surveyed said that posting great content on social media is more important than having a blog. Organic social media posting was the second most popular way for advisors to acquire clients in 2021.
The survey revealed a couple of obstacles for advisors struggling to maintain a strong social media presence. First, many of them are distracted by other core business tasks and therefore post inconsistently and without a solid strategy. In addition, according to the survey data, only around 47% of advisors feel confident with their social media skills.
Nowadays, social media is a key tool for the successful development of a real estate consultant's professional career. It is important to take into account the role played by each platform and for which professional objective to use each of them. Moreover, it is interesting to know which actions can be beneficial for your personal brand or agency and which actions can be detrimental to your presence in the industry.
Let's analyse what are the good and bad practices in social networks.
- Be consistent: it is important to be in constant communication with your followers on your different social media profiles. It is not necessary to publish a post every day, but it is necessary to publish between three and five days a week constantly.
- Be proactive: the engagement that can be created through this type of platform can help you gain followers and generate interest in the type of content you publish. The key is to be proactive, reply to comments, like other posts or reply to direct messages.
- Varied content: within the real estate sector you can publish from properties, home staging demonstrations, the inside of your company, the team, trends in the sector, campaigns or important dates. It is important to vary the content and also to use different tools within the platforms such as stories, live videos or posts.
- Poor image quality: It is vital that images shared on different platforms are of good quality. They should not be blurry or of low resolution.
- Too much text: one of the main attractions of social networks is that they are dynamic tools. Therefore, it is important not to saturate your followers with a lot of text and try to communicate in a direct and precise way.
- Unrelated hashtags: one of the most used and most effective tools for positioning are hashtags. It is important to use the corresponding hashtags for each of the posts you make on your profiles.
Mar Pérez |
Why invest in Andorra? In recent years Andorra has been experiencing years of expansion and growth, especially after the pandemic....
Coldwell Banker Real Estate LLC conducted an online survey from Q4 2021 to Q1 2022. The survey included nearly 1,500...
The study was initially carried out with a selection of 50 cities chosen by readers in recent surveys and with...
More than 30,000 individuals and professionals receive the latest listings and market reports from Coldwell Banker España as a priority.